Here are Just a Few of the Many Successful Settlements from our Chicago, Illinois and Surrounding Suburbs Office
A few of the thousands of cases Mr. Karchmar has successfully handled for his clients are:
- A 55 year-old male factory manager underwent femoral bypass grafting surgery and subsequently died from an overdose of a drug given to prevent clotting. Mr. Karchmar obtained $2,500,000 on behalf of the family
- A 32 year-old male entered Cook County Hospital with an L1 burst fracture of the spine after a work related injury. The doctors failed to appreciate the significance of the injury and as a result failed to perform surgery. The client became partially incontinent. Mr. Karchmar obtained $850,000 on behalf of the client.
Gary P. Stone
Among Mr. Stone’s numerous successes:
- Mr. Stone obtained $15,000,000.00 for the family of a woman who died after excessive radiation was administered during a radio-surgical procedure. The result is among the largest wrongful death settlements in Illinois history.
- He recovered significant compensation for the family of 78 year-old woman who died after a Chicago area hospital failed to evaluate her condition upon arrival in the emergency room.
- In 2014, Mr. Stone obtained $1,000,000.00 for the family of a 70 year-old man who died after being administered excessive radiation during a surgical procedure.
- Mr. Stone obtained a $322,000.00 jury verdict against the City of Chicago on behalf of a woman who was injured when her car was struck by a police car while on an emergency call.
- A $250,000.00 settlement was reached by Mr. Stone on behalf of a young girl who was injured when she was bit by a dog.
Attorney Scolaro has obtained substantial settlements on behalf of her clients where the liability or the injury was highly disputed, including the following:
- A 68 year-old female was seated on a metal chair when the chair collapsed, causing her to fall, sustaining a wrist and shoulder injury, which resulted in three separate surgeries. The case was resolved for a substantial settlement in favor of the client.
- A 23 year-old male was severely beaten at a tavern by an unknown assailant. After persistent and exhaustive investigation, Ms. Scolaro was able to obtain a substantial settlement.
- A 27 year-old female tripped at her apartment complex, suffered a bimalleolar ankle fracture with disruption of the tibia-fibula syndesmosis. Ms. Scolaro received a substantial settlement on behalf of her client.
Among Adam’s recent successes include the following:
- A 16 year-old male was struck and killed by a train after falling asleep on the train tracks. Mr. Karchmar was able to recover $500,000.00 on behalf of the family.
- A 9 year-old girl was bitten on the face by a pit-bull leaving a 3 inch scar on her cheek. Mr. Karchmar persuaded the judge to award $350,000.00 to the girl.
- A 54 year-old male had has middle finger smashed in an car accident. Mr. Karchmar was able to recover $170,000.00 on behalf his client.
- A 52 year-old man had a portion of his thumb amputated while at work in a factory. Mr. Karchmar was able to resolve this case on behalf of his client.
- A 48 year-old female fell at her daughter’s school due to a defect on school property. She suffered serious foot and leg injuries and Mr. Karchmar resolved this matter for a substantial sum of money.